Elias Occupational Hygiene Consulting Inc.
Offers professional and technical expertise in solving occupational and industrial health problems.
Principal: John Elias, MPH, CIH, ROH, CRSP
John has over 40 years of experience in the field of occupational health and environmental. He holds a Masters in Public Health in environmental studies and is a Certified Industrial Hygienist, Registered Occupational Hygienist, and Canadian Registered Safety Professional.
- Former Head of Occupational Hygiene for Workplace Safety and Health Division of the Province of Manitoba; he oversaw the drafting of legislation for workplace health regulations and the design and implementation of workplace monitoring programs
- Senior Corporate Occupational Hygienist for the Health Sciences Centre; he developed and implemented a corporate occupational hygiene program
- Head of Air Pollution Control for the Province of Manitoba; he was responsible for the design and implementation of community air monitoring programs within the province
- Founding President of the Manitoba Section of the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Past Director and Treasurer for the Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists
- Developed and presented Industrial Hygiene Training programs for Manitoba Federation of Labour, Occupational Health Nurses, and the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
- Developed and presented Professional Development Courses for the American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exhibition, such as WHMIS and Adjusting TLVs to Accommodate Specific Conditions in the Workplace
- Publication of technical articles in peer-reviewed journals and other publications
Director: Alison Reineke, BSc, BHEc, CIH, ROH, CRSP
Alison has experience as the corporate occupational hygienist for a large academic institution, which includes a medical school. She is a Certified Industrial Hygienist and a Canadian Registered Safety Professional. She has experience conducting investigations and inspections of various industries in order to evaluate and control exposure to harmful physical or chemical agents such as solvents, metals, asbestos, dust, and noise. She managed and directed the redeveloping the University of Manitoba’s asbestos management’s program and procedures. She has developed and presented training courses in asbestos awareness, WHMIS, noise exposure, and lab hazard awareness for diverse audiences. In previous positions she has reviewed, evaluated, and developed safety and health policies and practices. In the past she worked with University of Manitoba, Environmental Health and Safety Office; OHG Consulting; Public Health Agency Canada, Canadian Science Centre for Human and Animal Health; and Wardrop Engineering, Mining and Minerals Division. She has prepared and presented technical papers at professional conferences and meetings. She is currently the President of the local American Industrial Hygiene Association’s (AIHA) Local Section, and before that she was a director for the AIHA Local Section.
- University of Manitoba, Asbestos management program
- University of Manitoba, WHMIS program
- University of Manitoba, Noise exposure assessment
- Winnipeg Water and Waste Department, Noise exposure assessment
Associate: Dennis Nikkel, CIH, ROH, CRSP
Dennis has 39 years experience with the Government of Manitoba, which included 32 years as an Occupational Hygienist with Workplace Safety and Health. His last 10 years were as a senior manager in the areas of occupational hygiene, program development, and occupational health. He is a Certified Industrial Hygienist, Registered Occupational Hygienist, and Canadian Registered Safety Professional.
- Former Director of the Occupational Health Branch with the Workplace Safety and Health Division of the Manitoba Department of Labour and Immigration; he provided professional occupational hygiene consultation and service to staff and other occupational hygiene professionals in Manitoba
- Accountable for the review, development, and enforcement of the occupational hygiene program
- Designed, implemented, and managed workplace safety and health programs
- Designed sampling programs, collected and analyzed exposure monitoring data, and recommended methods of controlling exposure
- Developed Workplace Safety and Health guidelines, bulletins, and procedure manuals
- Represented Manitoba on the Board of Governors for the Hazardous Material Information Review Commission
- Chaired the Advisory Council on Workplace Safety and Health for the Minister of Family Services and Labour
- Developed and presented numerous professional development courses in Canada and USA
- Currently as a health and safety consultant; he performs chemical exposure assessments
Professional certification ensures that each customer receives a high level of quality. Certification in occupational and industrial hygiene includes ongoing training and professional development and adherence to a code of ethics.
To ensure that all work meets professional standards, all projects are carried out by or under the direct supervision of occupational hygienists who are:
- Registered with the Canadian Registration Board for Occupational Hygienists (CRBOH), and hold the designation of Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH),
- Certified by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH), and hold the designation of Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), and
- Registered with the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP), and hold the designation of Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
For a free quote please contact us.